Thursday, June 30, 2011

On the Brightside

(Yes, the title is a catchy song by a catchy male artist, but no, it has nothing to do with this post.)

Just because a lot of people don't know, I'm going to spew this nice bit of information.

I'm so sick of crappy, romantic, fluffy, warm-fuzzy-feeling books. And songs. And poems.

Some people think that I like to write love stories.

Ew. Just....gross.

As someone pretty awesome said to me, she never wrote that stuff because she wasn't that way herself. (I AM in a relationship, but that doesn't mean that I like writing romantic crap.) She wrote mystery stories and such, because that's what she was good at writing.

And me? I'm good at writing action-y, creepy things.

Sure, there's always a brightside to every story. But to me, in my stories, it will most likely be the dark side you see.

(On a completely side note, I hope you people DO know that romance novels are just about sex. And yes, I said sex. Calm down.)

Recently, while spending time with my beloved best friend, I came up with the idea of a fake love story. Yes, fake.

I decided to write a creepy, horror-filled vampire story of an innocent-looking girl that seduces a boy to eat him. And the ending? A lovely, bloody, graphic description of her ripping his throat out.

I know, I know. It's like I'm the spawn of Satan or whatever.

I'm not saying that I'm a sick, twisted individual. I'm merely pointing out that fact that I write it because I enjoy it, and I'm good at it.

Haha, this has turned into crazy ranting again.

As I like to say so often, it IS my blog. I like people reading it and getting feedback from said readers, but it's my place to rant and rave and write as much as I want. (And even hide some alliteration in there.)

So yeah.

I get to go to the mall tomorrow. With money this time. With a good friend of mine. And one of my favorite stores there is having a huge sale.

I'm quite excited :D

No comments:

Post a Comment